:: m a y h e m b y m i s s m ::

do you have any idea how hard it is some mornings to make a glass of water without vomiting?!?

Friday, May 06, 2005

my personal war with Bernice, the CVS employee

i should give a little background to bernice's and i epic saga.

normally when i make a purchase at cvs i lay down my cvs "savings" card. not really caring if it the barcode is facing up or not. normally the cvs employee then picks it up to scan it.

first time i dealt with bernice i layed the card down with the barcode not showing. she asked me to turn it around, which i did. she then picks up the scanner to scan the card in.
silly thought: wouldn't it have been easier to just pick up my card instead of the scanner?

so i tuck this reminder away for the next time i deal with bernice.

so the next time i see that bernice is working, i dutifully place my cvs card with the barcode facing up along with my purchases. she then mumbles something at me about picking up the soda i just put on the counter. confused, i picked it up trying to see what the matter was. i said "sorry?" and she gets all pissy with me and turns my soda bottle aroound so she can scan it in! so you're telling me that i need to have all the barcodes facing you because it's NOT YOUR JOB TO PICK UP THE ITEMS AND SCAN THEM IN???
i was a bit upset when i left.

so when i saw that lovely bernice was working this morning, i almost left the cvs. instead my margarita-induced parched throat forced me to wait in line and watch her "work." this time, no real instances. with me. a few girls ahead she was knocking their stuff around and smooshing their chips searching for the ever elusive barcode.

i can't wait for our next meeting....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home