:: m a y h e m b y m i s s m ::

do you have any idea how hard it is some mornings to make a glass of water without vomiting?!?

Friday, April 28, 2006

Awkward Moment #8,265,001

I ran into a member from another department when I stepped off the subway this morning. This guy is super nice and sweet and always up for a chat (I've even meet his daughter).

So when I saw that he had a bag with him, I cheerfully enquired where he was going this weekend. this pained look crossed his face and he mumbled something about how he's not going anywhere this weekend.

I'm seen that pained look before on others.

I quickly changed the subject back to work.

But he brought it up later on the walk into work.

NiceGuy: Actually I'm coming from a hotel. My wife and I weren't able to deal with a problem and so I left to stay the night elsewhere.

SmoothComfortingMe: ouch. um, at least you got control of the tv.

NiceGuy: Ha! No, I didn't as you had to pay to watch tv. So I just sat on the edge of the bed and read a magazine.

SmoothComfortingMe: ahhh...

NiceGuy: So what are you doing this weekend?

Sweet Goodness! I can't even comfort the poor guy! We ended the conversation talking about this cartoon called O'Grady that his daughter watches. Apparently it's funny like Adult Swim funny.

5 Comments:

  • At April 28, 2006 7:21 PM, Blogger Phil said…

    The man couldn't even summon the dignity to stay at a hotel with free TV?

    He is a masochist.

     
  • At April 28, 2006 7:50 PM, Blogger DCSportsChick said…

    Ouch! Sounds like he could be back in the pool again soon. You should offer him crappy dating advice that he would never use. Wait, that job's already taken...

     
  • At April 28, 2006 8:06 PM, Blogger vixen said…

    phil: according to this guy he was staying at a rather decent hotel. what is the hotel industry coming to with charging for every little thing?!?

    dcsc: snark, snark.

     
  • At April 28, 2006 8:30 PM, Blogger Law-Rah said…

    thanks for the momentary study-break giggle!

     
  • At May 02, 2006 3:16 AM, Blogger Random Musings said…

    Ha ha.
    Followed by poor guy...
    And WTF a hotel charges for the cable? Soon you'll be charged for each time you flush

     

Post a Comment

<< Home