:: m a y h e m b y m i s s m ::

do you have any idea how hard it is some mornings to make a glass of water without vomiting?!?

Friday, January 12, 2007

i dared

on the way home from the holidays i did something i've never done before.

i hit "shuffle" on my iPod.

i cringed at the thought of what would come up.
would i remember it fondly (Spice Girls) or would i deny whatever guilty pleasure popped up (Britney)??



i decided to make myself listen to the first 10 songs that came one.

1. Hoobastank - Running Away
ahh...the very first song i heard by them and i knew i would forever be willing to take off my clothes whenever i heard them.

2. Magic Numbers - Love Me Like You
hmmm...this was one of those free iTune's weekly downloads that i get and then promptly forget. not a bad song.

3. Justin Timberlake - Rock Your Body
shut it. all of you. i do like justin and his songs make me happy. so suck it.

4. Green Day - Letterbomb
oh, dear...i just realized i never listed to the rest of this cd when i got it. i automatically went and listened to my favorites. that was bad of me.

5. SR-71 - Lucky
eek! another song i've never heard before. oh, this is not a good sign of what's to come. but i have to say that this is another band i adore...

6. Ingram Hill - Will I ever Make It Home
okay, so i got a zillion free songs from some pepsi promotion over one summer and i got desperate trying to think of songs i wanted. then i panicked. and now i have this song.

7. Train - Drops of Jupiter
meh. not my favorite song of Train...and hearing it again was almost painful.

8. Bear vs Shark - Baraga Embankment
my friend's husband does pr for a lot of heavy metal and rap groups. this group is one of them and he gave me their cd. i actually think they have some good stuff.

9. Everclear - Heartspark Dollarsign
ahhh...from the album that made me fall in love with Everclear and start the breakaway from my up tight upbringing.

10. Puddle of Mudd - She Hates Me
this is one of those songs that i listen to on the way to work to prepare me for my day.


so all-in-all not too painful...it was nice to remember that i have a zillion songs on there and i really should more into rotation. but at the same time i don't think i'll repeat the experience any time soon.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home