:: m a y h e m b y m i s s m ::

do you have any idea how hard it is some mornings to make a glass of water without vomiting?!?

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

My Cheeto Tummy

So over the last two weeks my motivation for the gym has taken a sharp nose-dive.

I have, what I like to call, a mild case of insomnia, which has been going on since about high school. Every so often it gets really bad and I end up with almost no sleep for about a week.

Well, the last two weeks has been nothing but fitful sleeping in an overheated apartment. So when the alarm goes off at 5:30, I can just about talk myself out of LEAPING out of bed and going to the gym each morning. And boy, have I noticed the difference in how I feel and what I eat.

Yesterday, as I was chowing down on my afternoon snack of Doritos and Cheetos, I realized I was slowing, but surely going back to that dark, ugly place again. So I renewed my commitment to myself and my goal of being in the best shape of my life by the time I hit Dirty Thirty (which, unfortunately, is only a month away). So I'm back to the diet and back to early mornings at the gym.

Will I actual be in the best shape of my life at the end of March? No, but I'll feel so much better about myself when I dive head first into my birthday cake.

3 Comments:

  • At February 28, 2006 8:24 PM, Blogger chanuck said…

    What you are turning 30? No way you look thirty!
    Keep up the good work.

    Don't get Lizzy in trouble when you go to NYC.

     
  • At February 28, 2006 8:30 PM, Blogger vixen said…

    well, i know it's confusing considering i've been turning 24 for the last few years.

    and i think you have it wrong. SHE gets me into trouble.

     
  • At February 28, 2006 9:33 PM, Blogger Marci said…

    Dirty Thirty? I take offense! There is nothing Dirty about 30...unless you mean dirrty :)

    Funny, though on the insomnia thing. I used to (prior to the last two months) have issues sleeping...whereby there would be at least one really bad week per month. But I found it EASIER to get up and workout. Now that I am sleeping, I can barely get up to got to work, much less work out.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home