:: m a y h e m b y m i s s m ::

do you have any idea how hard it is some mornings to make a glass of water without vomiting?!?

Friday, November 03, 2006

Cooking Incident of 2006

so i've never been one to cook (unless lean cuisines and frozen pizza counts). but i decided to be adventurous the last few weeks and ACTUALLY make meals that don't come with a peel back lid.

so i attempted to make a tomato-lentil soup. i made sure i had all the ingredients (after spending $40 on spices!). but i realized i made the same mistake that i always make: i never read all the way through the instructions. so when i got to the part where i'm supposed to blend my tomato mixture smooth, i panicked. i have NO BLENDER.

but then i remembered i had a hand blender.

so i pour everything into a huge pot to start blending.

next thing i know i have this orange tomato mixture EVERYWHERE.

all over my walls.
all over my clean dishes.
all over my white shirt.
all over my floor.
all over my arms.
all over my face.

i decided that my tomato mixture didn't need to be smooth and moved on to the next stage of the recipe.


lesson of the day: i'm not meant to cook.

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home