:: m a y h e m b y m i s s m ::

do you have any idea how hard it is some mornings to make a glass of water without vomiting?!?

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

all i ever need is Lizzy and Darcy

everyone deals with heartache in different ways.

for me every time i feel a bit like i've been...stung i turn to Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice to comfort me. and whenever i feel like someone punched me in the stomach i listen to this entire cd.

i spent most of 2005 doing online dating. guess how many times i read Pride and Prejudice that year?
as for the cd...i've only listen to it once.




about a year ago i lent my precious copy of P&P to a friend. she just returned it to me last friday. i was beyond ecstastic! i spent the entire weekend reading it and i realized just how much i missed it and how often i needed it this past year. i don't think i'll ever lend it another person again.



so how do you deal with heartache??

3 Comments:

  • At December 05, 2006 10:44 PM, Blogger DCSportsChick said…

    I love reading and re-reading Beverly Cleary's "Fifteen." Even though it's a pre-teen book and I know it by heart, it harkens me back to a simpler time. It's refreshing once in a while.

     
  • At December 06, 2006 1:05 AM, Blogger Law-Rah said…

    Um, I went to London and fell in love with a man in a bar. Hey, it worked for me;-)

     
  • At December 07, 2006 6:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    well...I fell in love with these adorable shoes...I mean fucking adorable...and they didn't have my size. it hurt. badly. so I googled the shoes and found them on amazon.


    *sigh*

     

Post a Comment

<< Home