:: m a y h e m b y m i s s m ::

do you have any idea how hard it is some mornings to make a glass of water without vomiting?!?

Friday, March 02, 2007

i always find out that dc is too small...
at all the wrong times

as curlilocks once said, why not try anything once?

so on wednesday we both made our way to chi cha lounge for...
[insert drumroll here]



speed dating


we got there über-early so we could pound back a some liquid courage/wit before "mingling."

but i have to say that as a speed dating virgin i was rather pleasantly surprised by the experience. everyone was rather nice and good-looking (just a few exceptions). definitely made me think i would never meet these guys out at bars (or the bookstore orcoffee shopp as that workshop once recommended).

does this mean that i'll get a date before my birthday and end the drought?
probably not.

BUT i would totally recommend it to anyone who has ever even thought about it.


the only downside to the whole event is that i saw the michael bolton lookalike who used to work in my department. talk about dc being too fucking small!

i totally hated that guy.
and nothing he said that night improved him in my eyes.

2 Comments:

  • At March 02, 2007 6:58 PM, Blogger Don't Be Silent DC said…

    You went speed dating and (gasp) ENJOYED it? More power to ya!

     
  • At March 04, 2007 9:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The principle of speed dating doesn't appeal to me for start.
    Then I learn incidentally (thanks to an indelicate acquaintance) that my ex was hitting the DC speed dating scene. And since DC is a very little town: chance, to run into him at one of these events, is far too high for me to take my chance.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home