:: m a y h e m b y m i s s m ::

do you have any idea how hard it is some mornings to make a glass of water without vomiting?!?

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

don't make me hate you...

so the trash cans in my apartment building are on the outside near the rear of the building near the alley (there's no trash chute). to get there, i can either go down via the fire escape (leaving the hall door open) or go down to the basement (and leave that hall door open).

i never go to them at dark because of the rat problem that Adams Morgan is infamous for as well as it's dark, creepy, and goodness only knows who else down there.

so this weekend i was taking ALL my trash and recyclables out (the daylight savings thing throws me off and it's too dark to take the trash out by the time i get home and i never remember to take it out before i leave for work in the morning). i pass a neighbor in the hall, with my arms full of trash bags. i open the door to the fire escape and carefully make my way down. i start walking toward the rear of the building only to hear my neighbor say hello to me. i glance at her, say hello, and proceed to make my way back to the trash cans.

i come back to the fire escape only to realize that THE BITCH HAD CLOSED THE DOOR on me. the door automatically locks and as far as i can tell no one has a key to open it from the outside. slow panic sets in as i desperately try my keys on the off chance they work. then i go to the basement door and try as well. now, the panic has convinced me that climbing over the fire escape to reach my balcony could work...but only if i hadn't locked my screen door (doh!). and that's when i noticed that the front gate that keeps the drunk element from coming and peeing outside our windows hadn't been locked (and probably hasn't been locked for ages). thank sweet goodness.

all i'm saying is the whore saw me with the trash bags and knew i lived there, so WHY THE BLOODY HELL WOULD YOU CLOSE THE DOOR ON ME?!?!

she's dead to me now.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home