:: m a y h e m b y m i s s m ::

do you have any idea how hard it is some mornings to make a glass of water without vomiting?!?

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

lesson of the day:
never volunteer to go first

first of all, let me just say that i'm fine...and so are the friends.


yesterday evening, a few friends and i decided to go to a walk-in clinic for testing.

after comparing everyone's experiences, i've decided i got the shit end of the stick.
as usual.

i went first and i'll admit it, perhaps we were all a little bit too much fun for this place (cracking jokes and asking if we were going to get ice cream afterward). the guy sat me down, asked if i had any questions, and swabbed my mouth. not even me making a joke about how i'm glad i just went to the dentist that morning made him crack a smile. he opened a drawer, announced that there's a suggested donation of $30, told me to grab some condoms, and sent me on my merry way.

my friends got the other person.
the nice person.
she introduced herself, asked if they had any questions, asked if they were nervous, really chatted with them. then she drew some blood. no mention of a suggested donation. when they each went back for their results, they got a variety pack of condoms and some jokes.

did i mention that the only condoms i got were kimono* kind while they got LARGE?!
what the hell?!

*the kind for the "less endowed" men

3 Comments:

  • At March 13, 2007 11:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I feel for you. I got some ass there who was like "you're female and you're straight? Why are you getting tested? You're wasting my time. Donate $30."

    What? I thought everyone was supposed to get tested every six months, no argument.

     
  • At March 13, 2007 11:22 PM, Blogger DCSportsChick said…

    I feel your pain. I always get the shit end of the stick too. (I like that phrase!)

     
  • At March 14, 2007 2:39 PM, Blogger Phil said…

    I stopped getting blood transfusions and using heroin back in the 80s.

    I don't need testing.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home