:: m a y h e m b y m i s s m ::

do you have any idea how hard it is some mornings to make a glass of water without vomiting?!?

Thursday, October 06, 2005

Jell-o Shot Recipe of the Week

Last night as I sat back on the comfy couch at Eleventh Street sipping some really tasty drinks (I HIGHLY recommend the Raspberry Beret) in honor of DC Sports Chick's birthday, I was trying to figure out Halloween plans. In years past, my former group house would host a rather large gathering and I would bust my creative ass to make jell-o shots. (There was even one Fourth of July party where I made LAYERED red, white, and blue shots. [fyi: not the easiest thing to do, but using the freezer is key.]) And I realized that this will be the first year that I don't have to make them. I felt a bit sad.

::tear::

So, I rummaged through my jell-o shot notebook of recipes and I am going to present the best (and worse) shots I've ever made.
(disclaimer: I didn't invent some of these and I've tried to include the web site addresses and where I found them)

I'm starting off easy with my Amaretto Sour shots. Popular with both the guys and chicks.

Litherland's Amaretto Sour Jiggle Shots

Two small boxes (or one large) lime Jell-O

1 cup boiling water

1/2 cup Amaretto (I always thought this amount was ridiculous, so I kept increasing it each time I made it. I would recommend 1 cup)

Dash of lemon juice (either a shots-worth or a tablespoon would do) (this lemon juice is key to giving the shots that "sour" smell. But you can't really taste it all that much when you do the shot)

Enjoy!

6 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home