:: m a y h e m b y m i s s m ::

do you have any idea how hard it is some mornings to make a glass of water without vomiting?!?

Monday, October 03, 2005

Visiting the Bronx, Part I

My visit to see the BFF, TheHusband, and TheTurnip went really well. I was in such desperate need of a vacation (that I could afford) that the thought of spending a week in a one-bedroom apartment with a three-month old (and TheHusband works out of the apartment as well) sounded like a really, really good idea.

Our first outing was to the Bronx Zoo. What this trip has taught me is that it is expensive to want to do things with children. Adult admission was $12, but that didn’t include all the “attractions.” Admission to everything was $21. What the hell?! When did the zoo become expensive?!? And don’t even get me started on my feelings about MoMA’s admission prices. (whores.)

I guess I’m getting spoiled by all of the free stuff that D.C. has to offer not only to tourists but also its residents. For the love of all that is holy, please go out and enjoy all the culture that can be crammed down your throats before it costs $10 to see the stick of butter at the National Zoo.

Okay, off my soapbox.

While the zoo was great and TheTurnip seemed to enjoy it (during the times that he was awake), the animals had a way of showing us just how pissed off they: most had their back to us and were on the other side of the pen. We have some lovely shots of the backs of monkeys, tigers, and lions.

One of the great new attractions is the Butterfly Garden. Totally awesome! But again we had to pay extra ($3) to get in and there was no coming back to it later in the day. (bastards)





Did I mention my love of monkeys?






Overall, it was a great experience.

We all came home and napped for two hours.

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home