:: m a y h e m b y m i s s m ::

do you have any idea how hard it is some mornings to make a glass of water without vomiting?!?

Friday, January 20, 2006

The. Best. Holiday. Ever.

International Hat Day is Saturday, January 21st
I have photos to share, but they're all tiff files and blogger ain't down with that. bastards.

q: What is International Hat Day?
a: A day set aside for all to go drinking while wearing a silly hat.

q: What are the rules?
a: You have to wear a hat that isn't consider part of the "norm" (so no baseball caps and nothing from The Gap)

q: What happens on Hat Day?
a: First we all meet up at Madhatter (about 7) for drinks and the annual showing off of the hats. Then it's over to Millie & Al's (around 8) for more drinking and the switching of the hats.

q: "Switching of the hats?"
a: People trade their hats around trying to wear as many different hats as possible. BUT you are not allowed to trade with non-Hat Day participants (i.e. the hot guy/girl who doesn't have a hat but is batting their eyes at you begging to wear your über-cool hat) or to leave the bar with a hat that doesn't belong to you. If you do, and I get a photo of you, I will post it here and send it to my friends so we can hate on you.

q: You sound bitter.
a: Some whore walked off with my Viking helmet (complete with braids) a few years ago (I even had my name and number in it. Fucking whore.). Yeah, I'm still bitter about it.

q: Who the hell thought of this?!?
a: Why are you asking questions when you should be out buying a hat?!

best locations to get a hat: hats in the belfry in georgetown and that random costume/hat store near the clarendon metro.

Be silly.
Be creative.
Be excellent.
Be there.

5 Comments:

  • At January 20, 2006 7:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I don't have a hat yet! Maybe I'll be a little more creative this year and put something a little classier than that trash heap on my head. I think I might have some jpg pics - I'll email them if I do.

    Dirty Poo for all!

     
  • At January 20, 2006 7:24 PM, Blogger vixen said…

    how can you not have a hat yet?!? you who gives fake fruit a new home!

     
  • At January 20, 2006 9:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I hear you were at the Bloggers HH, sorry I missed you. :-(

     
  • At January 20, 2006 9:43 PM, Blogger vixen said…

    shucks! i had heard rumors that you were coming.

    probably by the time you had arrived i had a TON of vodka in my system...so probably for the best that you didn't get to see Vodka Miss.

     
  • At January 23, 2006 2:11 PM, Blogger Phil said…

    Every day is Kangol Day for me.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home