:: m a y h e m b y m i s s m ::

do you have any idea how hard it is some mornings to make a glass of water without vomiting?!?

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

The Winky Chop
a.k.a. How I Spent My Saturday Afternoon

Last Saturday I attended my very first bris.
It was entertaining, and they had delicious food.

The part that no one warned me about was the fact that all the women there have to hold the baby. Now this baby is 8 days old and the last time I held a newborn was probably when my youngest cousin was a newborn (she's now about 20). So I was ever so slightly concerned...because at this age, babies don't bounce when you drop them on the floor.

that and how does one hold a baby AND a glass of wine???

Everything went smoothly. No one except the mohel and the grandparents watched the actual event. And then it was time for the delicious food. The best part of the spread? The pigs in the blanket which were shaped like a certain "winky."

at least I thought so and encouraged others in giggling in my sophomoric humor

3 Comments:

  • At May 11, 2006 3:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    ew. I would have passed out.


    germs, germs!

     
  • At May 12, 2006 4:18 AM, Blogger Moxie said…

    I'm telling ya, if I'm holding a baby, I'd figure out a way to grab a glass of wine. wheww!

    quite the experience and I think I'm glad I've never gone.

     
  • At May 15, 2006 1:50 PM, Blogger vixen said…

    that girl: the mother made all of us use hand sanitizer before touching the baby. it was hilarious trying to see us all juggle wine while putting on hand sanitizer.

    moxie: word, sister. word.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home