:: m a y h e m b y m i s s m ::

do you have any idea how hard it is some mornings to make a glass of water without vomiting?!?

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

we all need to be talked off the ledge every now and then...

i must be in an easily pissed off mood lately.

last night i opened my mailbox to discover a magazine that i never subscribed to. it was a magazine that i've never heard of and definitely never would have paid to get monthly. i checked and all they had was an e-mail address for subscription queries. so this morning i went to their web site and found that they had no number listed. so i sent them an e-mail. one was written when i was truly pissed off, and one was toned down with the help of freshmeat.

i've included them both.
enjoy.

To Whom It May Concern,

Yesterday evening I opened my mailbox and I was surprised to see a magazine from your company staring back at me. Why the surprise? Because I NEVER SUBSCRIBED to your magazine. I also can't imagine anyone giving me this magazine as a gift as it's geared toward men, and funny enough I'm not a man.

I don't know how you got my name or decided that I needed a subscription to *******, but I request that you cancel this subscription immediately and I better not see any charges on my credit statement or a bill sent to me through the mail.

Let me know if you need any other information from me and please confirmed that you have canceled this subscription.

Oh, and one suggestion. Please list a subscription phone number on your Web site. I really would have liked to talk to someone in person.

Thanks,
*******


and

To Whom It May Concern,

Yesterday evening I opened my mailbox and I was surprised to see a magazine from your company staring back at me. Why the surprise? Because I never subscribed to your magazine. I also can't imagine anyone giving me this magazine as a gift as it's geared toward men.

I don't know how you got my name for a subscription to *******, but I request that you cancel this subscription immediately as well as any charges.

Let me know if you need any other information from me and please confirmed that you have canceled this subscription.

Oh, I would suggest that you list a subscription phone number on your Web site as it would have nice to talk to someone in person.

Thanks,
********


can you tell which one is which?

3 Comments:

  • At March 21, 2007 7:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I've been receiving the "Last Issue we're going to send you if you don't resign" magazine 'Vibe' for the better part of 2 years.

    I never subscribed or have found interest in this magazine.

    -sigh-

     
  • At March 22, 2007 5:03 PM, Blogger vixen said…

    but how can you pass up the glory that is vibe?!?

     
  • At March 22, 2007 7:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I just started receiving Better Homes & Gardens, which I know I didn't order because this is the city - I don't have a freaking garden!

    And we've been getting the Washington Post and the Wall Street Journal for a few years without subscribing.

    Why can't they ever mistakenly send US Weekly?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home