:: m a y h e m b y m i s s m ::

do you have any idea how hard it is some mornings to make a glass of water without vomiting?!?

Thursday, April 06, 2006

Did you see that?!

On my morning commute to work I noticed a silent moving-picture advertisement outside my metro window as the train sped from Gallery Place to Judiciary Square.

It was an ad for a Lincoln car.

I glanced around the train to see if anyone noticed...seemed like I was the only one.

I continued to stare at it with my mouth open. For whatever reason the whole concept dumbfounded me.

I think it's great that WMATA has found another way to make more money. I can only pray this means that the fare won't continue to increase as quickly as the last two increases.

I just hope that this doesn't mean that as Americans we can't handle the thought of not having something entertain us every second of our day.

and this is coming from the girl who has the shakes from not having cable anymore, and is excited at the thought of watching Lost episodes on Archie (the iPod) while riding the subway to and from work.

You can read WMATA's press release here.

1 Comments:

  • At April 06, 2006 7:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I heard they were going to do that. I'll pay attention on my way home today.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home