:: m a y h e m b y m i s s m ::

do you have any idea how hard it is some mornings to make a glass of water without vomiting?!?

Friday, September 15, 2006

I hate the French
and other things I learned

Day One

places I fell asleep while fighting jet lag:
the tube, while clutching all my worldly possessions

places where I started to nod off, but caught myself in time:
two parks
the bar (nothing like almost hitting your head on the bar top to really wake someone up)
a table in the hostel

So I've decided that I hate all my dormmates. I know I should recognize it as youthful ignorance, but I HATE them.

1. they all came back at whatever time the bars close and woke me up. whatever, right? they then proceed to leave our dorm room door propped open the entire night. I'm not sure the reason why, so I never close it. but I do get to hear ever drunk person who stumbles past our room. including the guy who belongs in our room, but was never really certain he was in the right room.

2. the french bitch brings back her one true love (a.k.a. whatever idiot she meet here) back with her at 2 am (keep in mind at this point i've slept about 2 hours in the last 24 hours in an attempt to beat jet lag.) they proceed to have a conversation (not whispered) in french for the next 45 minutes (making out was involved). I like to think it went like this:

french bitch: here is my room and I'm tired of making out with you standing up. good night.

idiot at hostel: but no! I love you! please lean over and make loud smooching noises with me. our love must be expressed!

french bitch: okay, but only for 10 minutes, because I need to sleep.

::10 minutes later::

idiot: you go ahead and climb into my bed, my love, and I will continue to kiss you as the guy in the bed beneath you tries to desperate sleep.

french bitch: why don't you just climb into bed with me that way we can continue our conversation?

3. the bitch who turned the light on at 7 am this morning to get ready as the bright light streaming in from the hall wasn't enough. it disoriented me enough that I began to wonder if the hostel automatically turned on the lights as a way to encourage people to get up.

okay...that's all I have for now. but I'm sure there's more.

on a lighter note...here's some things that surprises me about london:
1. so MANY motorcycles!
2. tons of bikers#
3. too many bikers not wearing helmets...it just freaks me out.
4. the taxis are painted advertisements. the one I'm trying to catch on camera is the one painted to look like a tiffany's box.
5. pedestrians are likly to be run down...even if the little green guy says I can walk. there's still a chance a taxi is gunning for me.
6. soda is rather pricey...making it easier for me to drink more water.
7. Tesco is my new best friend

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home