:: m a y h e m b y m i s s m ::

do you have any idea how hard it is some mornings to make a glass of water without vomiting?!?

Friday, October 06, 2006

London turned my snot black

back to some of my London adventures

Day Five
woof! I saw churches and museums and more churches and more museums.



I started off my walking down to the City of London to check out St. Bride's (which inspired a local baker to create what is now the tradition shape of a wedding cake based on the spire) and the creepy crypt where services are held. Then jetted off to see the Temple (closed) and St. Clement Danes (the church for the Royal Air Forces). Then continued down the Strand to the Courtauld Institute (which is free on Mondays from 10-2), which holds some beautiful work (even if their collection is small in comparison to others).



For lunch, I decided to take advantage of the Royal Opera House's free lunchtime concert (otherwise it's £8!!). Unfortunately I started to fall asleep during the performance. I don't think anyone noticed. At least that's whatI'mm telling myself.

In the afternoon I walked over to the Museum of London. If you haven't been there, please do yourself a favor and go. I've never seen a museum's display look so fantastic. PLUS they have a soundtrack for each era! How awesome is that?!?



I ended the evening with meeting up with a friend's friend. He took me to this place called I [heart] Vodka (it's like he knew me or something!). But I'm fairly certain he thought I was stupid as he felt the need to explain what a planetarium is and the story behind theCanterburyy Tales (even after I told him I had read some of them).

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home