:: m a y h e m b y m i s s m ::

do you have any idea how hard it is some mornings to make a glass of water without vomiting?!?

Monday, May 22, 2006

I was all prepared to hate you...

I mean there you were...yet another yuppie store taking over a local no-name convenience store...trying to sell us wine. I already hated you and what you stood for.

But my curiosity was piqued. I passed by a few times and saw the spacious setting and the wide selection.

So I stepped in last Saturday morning and it was love at first sight. Oh, the walls and walls of selection (even cold beer). You even had these cute little gifts bags (and not the crappy ones I usually only can get at liquor stores). And bonus was the hottie you had working behind the counter (which was made of brick and marble). Everything made me want to come back again and again. The only thing that would have made the experience better was if there was a wine tasting going on.

{sigh}

Oh, de vinos, I'll be back.

Meanwhile, please get your web site working...it kind of sucks donkey balls.
just saying...

4 Comments:

  • At May 22, 2006 4:36 PM, Blogger Tara said…

    oh, yeah, and they make good wine recommendations.

     
  • At May 23, 2006 3:40 AM, Blogger Melissa said…

    Corner of U and 18th, right? Damn, you live near me!

     
  • At May 23, 2006 3:49 PM, Blogger vixen said…

    tara: yum! good to know.

    velvet: yup...right there at 18th and U...about a 10 minute walk (downhill) for me.

     
  • At May 23, 2006 6:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    New rule: no chugging a bottle of champagne (plus a couple mimosas!) with Miss M before I have to go to a wedding with an EIGHT HOUR OPEN BAR. Those cute little men who kept passing the delightful trays of champagne and delicious cocktail slowly morphed into messengers of nausea after my tenth or so glass.

    And then I had to play nicey-nice with my bf's BIG BOSS...

    But I did convince the groom's teenage brothers to teach me many dirty phrases in Norwegian, which I repeated to anyone who would listen!

    Really, it all comes back to Miss M dragging me into that wine store!

    And I can't speak to that dude's hotness because I was too enthralled by all the pretty bottles to even look at him!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home