:: m a y h e m b y m i s s m ::

do you have any idea how hard it is some mornings to make a glass of water without vomiting?!?

Thursday, July 20, 2006

Your photos look like crap

So something has happened to my beloved camera in the last few months. I've noticed that the photos come out looking like crap more and more often.

I think it might be time to come into this millennium and get a digital camera (especially for the London trip as i have a tendency to take a zillion and one photos).

Ideally i would pee my pants if i could get Nikon D70 or D50...but those are a BIT out of my price range.

that girl showed me her Canon PowerShot sd450 and it looks lovely. but then a friend showed me her Elph and it was pretty.

Basically i want something that will be slim enough to throw into a purse or into a pocket, yet will give me amazing quality.

Any other suggestions?

4 Comments:

  • At July 20, 2006 4:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I just upgraded from my Sony Cybershot 5.1 to the Canon PowerShot SD600 Digital ELPH 6.0 Megapixel. It is so cute! Teensy tiny, but with a bigger screen than my Sony regular-sized camera.

    The controls aren't as user-friendly as the Sony (or maybe I was just really used to that, so it seemed easier), but this one is really good in low light and takes pictures wicked fast (no more press and wait...).

    And on Amazon I found a 2 gig memory card for it for $59. A little overkill, but why not!

    If you want to borrow either for your trip, let me know!

     
  • At July 20, 2006 5:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh, and the Elph has cables where you can hook it directly to your printer (no computer) to print pictures. Or you could get the Kodak easyshot thing which docks in its own printer.

    Check out the deals on overstock and amazon.

     
  • At July 20, 2006 7:14 PM, Blogger Matt said…

    so you want suggestions for london eh? Well I've never been out in london for hilarious evenings, so you'll have to stumble your own way through that one.

    I dunno, I went on the London Eye recently and its pretty cool: its an enormous wheel and you can see the whole of london from the top. Not sure how much it costs cos my work payed for me.

    If you like modern art the tate museum is pretty good, and its free - its on the south bank.

    Apart from that.. Hyde park's pretty nice, the Tower of London is quite cool if you don't go at a busy time. Dunno.. you're american so you'll probably want to see Buckingham palace with all the Beefeaters. They wear huge furry hats, as I'm sure you know. Its hilarious- they need huge dog kennel style boxes to stand in.

     
  • At July 20, 2006 8:54 PM, Blogger vixen said…

    kbean: i may come over soon and play with your camera to see how it feels to me. thanks!

    matt: i love anything in a furry hat!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home