:: m a y h e m b y m i s s m ::

do you have any idea how hard it is some mornings to make a glass of water without vomiting?!?

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

So you don't want to stick your tongue down my throat?!

I work in an environment that seems to only attract women and gay men. As such everyone's standards start to...drop a bit. So that when the short, bald straight man starts to work here, he has no problems attracting the ladies.

So I've been casually flirting* with a guard here. He's short and I would probably break him if I sat on him. But it's something to pass the time here.

So last week I saw him as I was running an errand. He waved. I waved. He started to say "how are you doing?" when I child darted out in front of me. I became nothing but a windmill of arms as I try to not trip over the child.

I'm nothing, if not graceful.

Unable to look at him again, I continue on my errand fairly certain that he wouldn't be throwing himself at me any time soon.

*as in I smile and wave and avoid eye contact

5 Comments:

  • At August 22, 2006 2:34 PM, Blogger Washington Cube said…

    Try working on the Hill if you want to talk about having to drop standards.

     
  • At August 22, 2006 5:04 PM, Blogger vixen said…

    touché, cube, touché.

     
  • At August 22, 2006 6:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I can understand having to lower your standards where you work but there is a bigger sea out there, not just your reef! Look around and I'm sure that you can find someone that meets your high yet obtainable standards.

     
  • At August 22, 2006 8:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Chanuck aside, I don't think there are many men who even approach the "high" standard mark in DC (if we're defining high as above 5'6").

     
  • At August 22, 2006 9:32 PM, Blogger vixen said…

    mr. smooth: please enlighten me about these other reefs!

    kbean: that is an epidemic sweeping the area...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home