:: m a y h e m b y m i s s m ::

do you have any idea how hard it is some mornings to make a glass of water without vomiting?!?

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Two things that ROCKED my world today

1. Over-the-Counter status for Plan B
Finally!

The FDA finally gets their act together and makes an important step in reducing the number of unplanned pregnancies. That is if you are 18 or older. Otherwise you still need to get a prescription before it will be issued to you. I'm curious to see how many pharmacists will deny women access to Plan B due to religious convictions (just as some already do for birth control). Fingers crossed, people, fingers crossed.

2. The demotion of Pluto as a planet
a part of me just died inside

I'm not sure why, but this really bothers me. I think it goes beyond the fact that I can't use "My Very Educated Mother Just Served Us Nine Pizzas" to remember the order of the planets. It just feels wrong.
I think I need a moment.
Excuse me.

3 Comments:

  • At August 24, 2006 9:46 PM, Blogger Matt said…

    as the american guy in my office said the other day, "its ok to lose Pluto, but imagine if you lost Uranus"

    Americans are so vulgar..

     
  • At August 25, 2006 12:43 PM, Blogger Law-Rah said…

    I, too, am extremely bothered by this planet thing. Seriously. How do you just wake up one day and "decide" a planet is no longer a planet? WTF?

     
  • At August 25, 2006 1:07 PM, Blogger chanuck said…

    Pluto we miss you.

    yea plan B, boo activist Pharmacist

     

Post a Comment

<< Home